Video: Right to work checks – keeping you up to date on recent developments
20th October, 2022
Many changes to right to work (RTW) checks came in to effect on 6 April 2022 and have now had time to bed in.
In this video our immigration experts Gillian Burns, Managing Associate, and Claire Turner, Solicitor, remind you of the changes to RTW checks, and highlight developments since our right to work webinar in March this year.
Claire and Gillian also cover:
- A quick overview of the importance of RTW checks
- Manual” RTW checks and “Online” RTW checks
- Guidance on which check (manual or online) ought to be completed in order to obtain and retain the statutory excuse, and when those checks should be conducted
- An overview of employers’ continued RTW obligations should they choose to use Identity Service Providers (IDSPs), including an update on which IDSP providers are now certified by the Government
- The end to the COVID-19 adjusted RTW check on 1st October 2022
Watch the video
This short webinar took place on Zoom on 20th October at 10am.
If you have a question about any of the issues raised in this video, or any issues your organisation is currently facing, please do get in touch with one of our expert Immigration solicitors.